[GE users] "-w e" job validation behaviour changed?

ccaamad m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 16:20:44 BST 2009

After running 6.0 for a long time, I'm now having a play with 6.2u3. It's
nice :)

Am I imagining things, or has the behaviour of job validation changed?

e.g.

   $ qsub -w e -l h_rt=1:0:0 test.sh
   Your job 162 ("serial.sh") has been submitted

   $ qmod -d '*'

   $ qsub -w e -l h_rt=1:0:0 serial.sh
   Unable to run job: error: no suitable queues.
   Exiting.

6.0 didn't reject jobs just because queues were disabled, which may be
temporary.

Any ideas why this is?

Mark
Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK