[GE users] 6.2u3 Exclusive Scheduling Feature

peeter phimmelf at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:51:33 BST 2009

I'm looking for suggestions on how to best accomplish: request multiple cores on a single system.

I was going down the PE path and then noticed the new 6.2u3 feature 'exclusive host scheduling'. It sounds like the new feature would work, but how would I get around having some systems with (4)cores and then some systems with (16)cores? In other words if a job uses the exclusive host feature of (4)cores but ends up on the system with (16) cores, doesn't the feature then freeze out the 12 cores on the (16)core system?

Thanks, P