[GE users] backfilling in SGE 6.2

tgebert tgebert at transtec.de
Sun Sep 13 13:18:06 BST 2009

Hi reuti,

the max_reservation value was set to 20. Regarding the h_rt time, I have tried several values, but unfortunately the smaller jobs also do not run that long as the parallel jobs, that need a lot of procs, so the big jobs were "starving" again.
I also tried to set a very small h_rt time for the big jobs and a very big h_rt time for the small jobs. But unfortunately the wallclocktime violation cancelled the jobs then. Can you configure the wallclock time violation that the jobs don't get cancelled? This would be another approach to solve this problem.

Thomas