[GE users] qlicserver and Non-Multiplied Resource Requests (per job requests)

Mon Sep 14 12:14:08 BST 2009

> I see some lines in qlicserver (version 20090526) apparently handling
> per JOB consumable cases, like
>
> 1358: ## scale non-'job' consumables
> 1359: $request *= $slots unless $config->{-managed}{$rc} =~ /job/i;
>
> Where does qlicserver get that a consumable is per JOB? I couldn't
> find
> any example.

There's an example in the <qlicserverConfig> element within qlicserver itself:

<resource
  name="starjob"
  served="starpar"
  type="job"
  urgency="100"
  note="STAR-CD parallel starter"
/>

To check what _your_ qlicserver is currently using, use 'qlicserver -c' to dump out a table of complexes. If these definitions are not consistent with what 'qconf -sc' shows, you'll need to adjust one or the other.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.