[GE users] Group membership limit?

udowaechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Sep 14 14:45:14 BST 2009

On 14.09.2009, at 12:34, reuti wrote:
> Am 14.09.2009 um 11:35 schrieb udowaechter:
>
>> Hi, I wrote the mail below to the mailing list, beliveing that this
>> problem might occur only under snow-leopard. Now I think that this
>> might
>> be a general OS-unrelated question.
>>
>> Is there a limit to the number of groups a user can be a member of?
>> As I describe below, in Snow Leopard the user root is member of 19
>> groups and GE fails to run jobs as that user.
>
> AFAIK GE will only record the primary group. Hence it might occur
> when the additional group ID will be attached. Can you try on the Mac
> just to add some more groups - is this working?

Yes, I know that only the primary group is recorded. The primary group
of root on SnowLeopard is 0 (i.e. wheel).
The job should should run as this uid/gid.

Do you mean I should add even more groups to the user? I do not
understand what this should show me, the jobs already do not run.

Thanks,
udo.

:: udo waechter - root at zoide.net :: N 52?16'30.5" E 8?3'10.1"
:: genuine input for your ears: http://auriculabovinari.de