[GE users] SGE in a cluster without NFS

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 15 11:29:53 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 15.09.2009 um 00:31 schrieb cdeligka:

> hi everybody...
>
> I am running SGE 6.1 in a cluster without NFS, all programs are
> locally
> installed in all nodes.
>
> What is a good and preferably easy way to transfer the input files
> for my
> programs from the master host to the execution hosts?

please have a look here:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/filestaging/

(A completely different approach would be to have a submit-script
which will embed the input file in the job script, which will be
transfered to the node by SGE (i.e. you can only use "-b n", so that
SGE takes care of the job script [which is the default]). As the out-
and error files are also only on the node, the job script could send
an email to the user, where the out- and error files are attached.
This way any rcp or scp could be avoided.)

Using DRMAA there are also additional calls:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/filestaging/filestaging6.html

-- Reuti