[GE users] default "-l" attributes for each queue

txema_heredia txema.heredia at upf.edu
Tue Sep 15 16:33:55 BST 2009

Hi all,

I have been wondering if there is any way of creating some sort of default "attribute requests" for a given queue, in order to, whenever a user runs a job in that queue, that job will use those default request values unless the user explicitly types them in their qsub line.

I've been searching and I've found that I can do it independently for users (.sge_request file) or for all them globally, but my problem is that I want to have 3 "profiles" depending on which queue is the job sent.

The only workaround I've found is to create 3 different shellscripts, each one of them running "qsub -q queueone -l param1=1 -l param2=2 -l param3=3 ..." + their options, and tell my users to use them instead that the good ol' qsub.

I suppose that there won't be any solution, but I have to try ;)

PS: I'm using 6.1u4