[GE users] "-w e" job validation behaviour changed?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 15 19:55:05 BST 2009

Am 15.09.2009 um 20:04 schrieb maritac:

> This behavior also appears when submitting a job with the new
> exclusive
> complex.  If all the hosts with exclusive scheduling enabled are busy,
> the job will be rejected instead of scheduled:
>
> $ qconf -se starship
> hostname              starship
> load_scaling          NONE
> complex_values
> cpuman=x86,display_win_gui=0,windows=0,ccversion=0, \
>
> arch=lx24-x86,apps=;,cpuspeed=2992,pmem=4,group=qa, \
>
> sockets=2,exclusive=true,config_date=20090915104419, \
>                       cpubits=32,OpSys=redhat3
>
> $ qsub -l exclusive=true ./simple.sh
> Unable to run job: error: no suitable queues.
> Exiting.
>
> Will this behavior be changed when issue 3132 is fixed?  It would be
> better if the job would queue and wait for an available host.

Although I can only confirm this again, it seems to be a different
issue. With the new "-w p" you get:

Unable to run job: ...
Job 343 (-l exclusive=TRUE) cannot run at host "node01" because it
offers only hc:exclusive=false

(which is "true" by definition in the exechost)

Seems "exclusive" is implemented by changing the "load" value of the
variable. Then there should be a third value "used" instead of "false".

-- Reuti