[GE users] Restarting the sge_qmaster

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 15 23:03:17 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 15.09.2009 um 22:11 schrieb emallove:

> My sge_qmaster machine crashed. I'm running my SGE daemons as a
> non-root user, so I was not able to restart the daemons using SMF. I
> restarted the sge_qmaster by running install_qmaster, but this wiped
> away my configuration (e.g., custom hostlists, queues, complex
> attributes, etc.). Is there a way to restart the sge_qmaster without
> blowing away the configuration? Or a way to backup the configuration
> files so that they can be easily restored?

even when you run SGE as an ordinary user, you can always use the
scripts in "~/mySGE/default/common/sgemaster" and "sgeexecd" in the
same location with the arguments "start" and "stop" to control them.
During installation they will just be copied to /etc/init.d/ or alike
if you wish to start them at boot time.