[GE users] Record of queue state changes

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 16 11:09:59 BST 2009

Am 16.09.2009 um 11:49 schrieb dougalb:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply!
>
> Yes, default it is set to:
>
> $ qconf -sconf
> loglevel                       log_warning
>
> On this specific cluster we are doing ~750k jobs per month. What sort
> of impact on the log sizes do you think this change would make?

To be honest: I have no clue. But you can use the script in $SGE_ROOT/
util/logchecker.sh to compress and rotate them when their size exceed
a given limit. To avoid the adjusted script to be overriden with a
new un-tar of SGE, I suggest to copy this script to $SGE_ROOT/default/
common and configure it according to your taste.

Then you will need to create a line in an entry for the master like:

$ cat /etc/cron.d/gridengine
#
# Special cron-job to reduce the size of the SGE messages/accounting
files.
#
5 1 * * 0       sgeadmin        /usr/sge/default/common/logchecker.sh
-action_on 1

and nodes:

$ cat /etc/cron.d/gridware
#
# Special cron-job to reduce the size of the SGE messages/accounting
files.
#
5 1 * * 0       sgeadmin        /usr/sge/default/common/logchecker.sh
-action_on 2 -execd_spool /var/spool/sge

-- Reuti