[GE users] priority for queues does not work?

udowaechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Sep 16 11:54:10 BST 2009

Hello,
some time ago I wrote about a problem with the priority settings of a
certain queue. Then, I thought that the problem was temporary.
As I just realized, it is not.

We have GE 6.2u3 on Mac OS X and Linux (debian/ubuntu).

All of our queues have a priority setting (which is different for all
queues). The jobs in these queues do not run with the given nice value.
Is there a way how to debug this error further?
Does someone else also experience this?

According to our ganglia graphs it seems that the jobs are run with the
given nice value from time to time. When I schedule a lot of jobs, the
first ones do run nice the next ones do not.

Thanks,
udo.
--
Institute of Cognitive Science - System Administration Team
      Albrechtstrasse 28 - 49076 Osnabrueck - Germany