[GE users] SGE 6.2u2 Install Fails "Admin User Missing" on all hosts

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Thu Sep 17 18:03:14 BST 2009

I used the GE 6.2u3 installer this time and encountered the same issue where the installer reports that the Admin user doesn't exist.

I found a work around.

This is on a Rocks 5.1 test cluster that has Gridengine 6.1u5 installed. The scripts /etc/profile.d/sge-binaries.{sh,csh} were causing problems with the installer. Those scripts are essentially the settings.{sh,csh} from the 6.1u5 install, and apparently the SGE_ROOT and other vars set in those scripts was causing problems.

I was able to work around it by either temporarily removing those from the qmaster node and exec nodes, or by unsetting the variables in my /root/.bash_profile on all of the nodes.

I would have thought the installer would override those variables or unset them since you can install new versions while other versions are running.

anywho, figured I'd report the info.

Mike