[GE users] get version number, accounting for interactive jobs

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Thu Sep 17 18:32:28 BST 2009

To get the source for 6.2u3, do you follow the instructions on http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectSource

cvs -d :pserver:guest at cvs.sunsource.net:/cvs checkout gridengine

Or does that get the latest dev source?

-----Original Message-----
From: reuti [mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:18 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] get version number, accounting for interactive jobs

Am 17.09.2009 um 12:48 schrieb murple:

> Hi,
>
>>> And another question: I noticed that interactive jobs are not
>>> accounted
>>> (at least I don't see them with qacct)
>>> Is that normal? Or because I use ssh?
>>
>> Correct, if you use ssh it must be the one supplied by SGE which you
>> get when you compile SGE on your own with -tight-ssh
>
> Hmm, I did not compile myself and can't find any ssh in my SGE
> directories.

It's only created when you compile on your all, it's not in the
downloadable tarballs.

>> Any reason for using ssh - is this a cluster with a private network,
>> where the SGE created rsh on a random port would also do?
>
> X11 Forwarding. Or is there any other way to enable that? As I just
> found out, its 6.2

Okay I see. No - not for now. But the new builtin method will support
it at one time AFAIK.

-- Reuti

http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u2/Release+Notes
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Release+Notes