[GE users] Spooling benchmarks

jlb jlb at salilab.org
Fri Sep 18 22:41:11 BST 2009

Is there a collection of results anywhere from the spooling benchmark
package which was posted here back in March?  There seems to have been
little followup to that thread, and it's pretty useful information.

I'm seeing some spooling issues with our cluster here, and I'm looking at
how best to optimize our setup.  Some quick benchmarks are showing
decidedly odd results (e.g. local BDB spooling being an order of magnitude
*slower* than local classic spooling), so a wider array of results would
be very interesting to me.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin