[GE users] Slot-wise suspend on subordinate

sarman_1998 sarman_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 09:56:40 BST 2009

> Well, CPUs (i.e. slots) are freed. But consumed resources aren't
> freed by a suspension. They are still occupied when a job gets
> suspended.
>
> This would be a completely new project to free for example licenses
> or consumed virtual_free by a suspension and give them back to the
> system I think. Maybe this should be called hibernate job (with new
> options to qmod) then and have similar entries like the
> subordination. The algorithm is much more complex, as first the job
> must be stopped, then the resources given back and a new job can
> consume the freed resources. And the un-hibernate of the first job
> must be forbidden, as long as the new jobs runs...
>
> -- Reuti

This is exactly the feature I need.  Any idea if/when a change like this might happen?
I've spent a few days trying to get something like this working using qlicserver and a custom script.

If anyone out there has something like this working and is willing to share their methods it would be much appriciated!

Thanks,
   Eric