[GE users] Do Array Jobs support a list of tasks (slicing)

Mon Sep 21 14:48:26 BST 2009

This looks reasonable to file as an RFE.
"Support comma-delimited lists for array tasks".

> We only support simple task id patterns, i.e. incrementing by a step
> value.  If you want out-of-sequence task ids, you will have to submit
> them as separate jobs.  Using a common job name to aggregate the tasks
> and maybe setting the task numbers in jobs' environment variables,
> though, you should be able to get more or less the same effect.
>
> Daniel
>
> mhanby wrote:
> > Say you need to rerun task id's 7,13,18 and 20, is it possible to do
> something like:
> >
> > #$ -t 7,13,18,20
> >
> > or do you have to run each separately?
> > #$ -t 7
> > #$ -t 13
> > #$ -t 18
> > #$ -t 20
> >
> > I know you can do a range and increment by a certain integer, just
> not sure about slicing an array.
> >
> > Thanks, Mike

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.