[GE users] get version number, accounting for interactive jobs

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Mon Sep 21 15:48:12 BST 2009

Depends on what version of Grid Engine you have.  With older versions,
qconf | head -1 is the easiest way.  With newer (post-6.2u2?) versions,
the qconf help output goes to stderr, so you'd have to do qconf |& head
-1 in C shell, for example.  In recent versions (post 6.2?), inst_sge -v
also works.

Interactive jobs should show up in qacct, regardless of what transport
you're using.

Daniel