[GE users] SSH Integrations -tight-ssh

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Mon Sep 21 15:54:37 BST 2009

Howdy,

I've been reading through the examples, instructions, etc... on the web regarding building tight integration with SSH.

I see some old posts that reference patching sshd.c (and in some examples other openssh source files).

Is this still necessary with 6.2u3? Or does -tight-ssh do the patching on the fly (or not need it)? If it is necessary to patch the source files for openssh, where do I obtain the diff files?

I'm building it as follows:

1. Extract openssh-5.2p1.tar.gz to 3rdparty and rename the directory to 3rdparty/openssh
2. Build Grid Engine:
./aimk -only-depend -no-dump
scripts/zerodepend
./aimk -no-dump depend
./aimk -no-dump -no-jni -no-java
./aimk -no-dump -no-jni -no-java -tight-ssh
./aimk -no-dump -man

Following the build, I see the ssh binaries have been built, so -tight-ssh is successful in that regard.

Thanks, Mike