[GE users] SSH Integrations -tight-ssh

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 16:03:12 BST 2009

On 9/21/09, mhanby <mhanby at uab.edu> wrote:
> I've been reading through the examples, instructions, etc... on the web regarding building tight integration with SSH.
>
> I see some old posts that reference patching sshd.c (and in some examples other openssh source files).
>
> Is this still necessary with 6.2u3? Or does -tight-ssh do the patching on the fly (or not need it)? If it is necessary to patch the source files for openssh, where do I obtain the diff files?

There are 2 tight SGE-SSH integrations:

"Secure SGE Using Kerberos5, SSH and Accessing AFS"

and

"SGE-openSSH Tight Integration"

You can find the details of both at:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/workshop10-12.09.07/proceedings.html

The 2nd one requires building with "-tight-ssh", and as of now you
still need to patch sshd.c in the OpenSSH source code.

Rayson