[GE users] Do Array Jobs support a list of tasks (slicing)

fy fly at anydata.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 18:12:16 BST 2009

In the mean time, you can use "another level of indirection" ;-)

For example, submit the job with

	qsub -t 1-4 -v "mytasks=7 13 18 20" ...

inside your job script, have something like

	task=`echo $mytasks | cut -d' ' -f$GE_TASK_ID`

then use $task where you are using $GE_TASK_ID

You will need some extra code so that if $mytasks is not defined, then
set $task to $GE_TASK_ID.

HTH

cheers
Fred Youhanaie