[GE users] shut down sge_qmaster

allantran tran.v.allan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:14:27 BST 2009

you mean, first do
service sge_qmaster stop
then poweroff?
On a side note, will the database for accounting stuff effected by this?
cheers
Allan
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:05 AM, rayson <rayrayson at gmail.com<mailto:rayrayson at gmail.com>> wrote:
On 9/22/09, allantran <tran.v.allan at gmail.com<mailto:tran.v.allan at gmail.com>> wrote:
> I need to shut down the qmaster server for about 15 minutes. Will all the
> jobs still be running even if qmaster is down? Anything I need to worry
> about?

Running jobs are not be disturbed by qmaster shutdown/restart. The
only thing caused by the 15-min shutdown is that during the 15-min
period, no jobs can get started.

Also, if you have shadow master machines, and if you don't shutdown
cleanly, then one of the shadow masters will take over. If you don't
want this to happen, you will need to use the qmaster script to
shutdown the qmaster.

Rayson