[GE users] shut down sge_qmaster

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:18:59 BST 2009

On 9/22/09, allantran <tran.v.allan at gmail.com> wrote:
> you mean, first do
> service sge_qmaster stop
> then poweroff?

I usually use the sgemaster script, but as long as you are not killing
the qmaster process with SIGKILL, then qmaster would have the chance
to write the lock file to the shared filesystem, and then all is fine.

> On a side note, will the database for accounting stuff effected by this?

It shouldn't be affected, as the execds will keep on trying until they
are able to notify the qmaster.

Rayson