[GE users] ARCo Install Location

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Tue Sep 22 23:14:05 BST 2009

Howdy,

We are testing ARCo installs and configs on a virtual machine.

I've seen in a few HowTos where the ARCo files are extracted in $SGE_ROOT and others where they are extracted into $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/arco/

Any recommendations either way? I'm thinking that putting the code under $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/arco makes it clear that a) it goes with the specific cell and b) that the directories 'reporting' and 'dbwriter' belong to arco and not to the base GE install.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mike