[GE users] shut down sge_qmaster

allantran tran.v.allan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:50:28 BST 2009

OK I killed it and after about a minute I'm able to run qstat. The problem is that it looks like the shadow master not seeing the hosts. All reports as -NA- and in "au" state. It's been 15 minutes already. Anyone knows?

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM, rayson <rayrayson at gmail.com<mailto:rayrayson at gmail.com>> wrote:
On 9/22/09, allantran <tran.v.allan at gmail.com<mailto:tran.v.allan at gmail.com>> wrote:
> you mean, first do
> service sge_qmaster stop
> then poweroff?

I usually use the sgemaster script, but as long as you are not killing
the qmaster process with SIGKILL, then qmaster would have the chance
to write the lock file to the shared filesystem, and then all is fine.

> On a side note, will the database for accounting stuff effected by this?

It shouldn't be affected, as the execds will keep on trying until they
are able to notify the qmaster.

Rayson