[GE users] SGE array job to hit web-server?

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Wed Sep 23 20:26:22 BST 2009

Should be pretty easy.  Just do:

qsub -b y java -classpath /path/to/jar name.of.Class 'http://url'

You might need to specify the path to java if it's not in the PATH.  The
JAR file will also need to be accessible from the execution nodes.  I
single-quoted the URL because sometimes they contain shell-unfriendly
characters.  You may want to include -cwd and/or redirect the output and
error files.

Daniel