[GE users] Restrict number of mpi jobs?

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Thu Sep 24 15:57:26 BST 2009

Gah.  I misunderstood the question.  Setting the slots=1 would keep your
parallel jobs from ever running.

As (the other) Daniel suggested, creating a custom complex and forcing
users to request it (either by making it forced or setting a default
consumable value or by using a JSV or similar), would let you write that
RQS limit to limit that complex instead of the number of slots.  To make
it also work for parallel jobs, you'd have to be sure the complex is a
per-job consumable.  (Just set the consumable value really high since
you're not actually using the consumable to limit things in the
traditional sense.)

Daniel