[GE users] SGE6.2u3 question

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Sep 28 21:54:52 BST 2009

I'm currently working on a 1024-core Nehalem cluster (124 physical
servers) that runs upwards of 25,000 jobs per day and we are doing it
with our head nodes and qmaster virtualized under VMWare ESX with
backend VM storage coming from a NetApp filer.

No problems at all for us running the qmaster under the VM, the
standard caveats about network and file IO being slower due to the
virtualization apply but other than that we've seen no issues.

-Chris