[GE users] Automatic qlogin on the head node

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Sep 29 20:22:30 BST 2009

SGE ships with a version of the tcsh shell called "qtcsh" (read 'man
qtcsh') -- it's a shell environment that allows a certain subset of
named commands to be intercepted and run automatically via SGE.

Switching people into the qtcsh shell might help if that is an option.
It won't be 100% remote but you can make sure the heavyweight commands
and applications are executed remotely.

Regards,
Chris