[GE users] Question about running a job on the SGE and using more than one host...

genarohjr Genaro.Hernandez at nih.gov
Wed Sep 30 15:12:41 BST 2009

Hi there.

I am new to using the Sun Grid Engine (SGE). I have successfully used it for about 2 weeks to run several java programs. Hopefully someone can answer the following question:

Question:

Yesterday  I ran a java program on the SGE that took about 13 hours to complete. It appears as though the job only ran on one host. However, I have access to 5 hosts. It would be great if my job could have access to the other 4 hosts and if my job could be completed in a much faster time. Can anyone make any suggestions on what I might do to remedy this issue?