[GE users] SGE:mpich2 tight integration failing to start mpds

hjmangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed Sep 30 20:32:08 BST 2009

Bingo!!  that was it.  I was wondering how I missed it and my only excuse is
that it's mentioned in the text only one or two times and my browser didn't
wrap the text so that the reference was offscreen as I was scrolling thru it
the 2st few times.

I have no idea whether this will be useful to others, but I've documented our
set up on a mixed (public/private net) cluster for our users and have just
updated it to address this problem:
<http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/BDUC_USER_HOWTO.html#_parallel_jobs_with_mpich2>

I also have some SGE debugging for that cluster on our Trac:
<http://dabrick.nacs.uci.edu/trac/bduc/wiki/SgeErrors>

Thanks again,

harry

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)