[GE users] Correct Version of SGE on Macs Intel XEON

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:55:01 BST 2010

Where did you find the page that says "the only option is to download
SGE-bin for x86"??

I followed the download page and the pull-down menu shows that SGE
binary is available for Mac OS X PowerPC / Intel.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/latest.html

Make sure you get the latest version of SGE, which is SGE 6.2u5.

And lastly, if you bought the 4 machines just for setting up a
cluster, get Linux instead -- it is easier to manage in a clustered
encironment, gives you better performance, and more people are running
Linux clusters... also it's cheaper (may be not important if you get
the money for "free" via research funding).

Rayson