[GE users] Correct Version of SGE on Macs Intel XEON

neoideo axischire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 07:24:56 BST 2010

yes i already downloaded, if you click the option PowerPC/Intel Mac
it takes you to this option

Grid Engine 6.2 Update 5, Apple Mac OS 10.4 x86 (required), tar.gz format
[https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/-/en_US/im/ic_download.gif] ge62u5_darwin-x86.tar.gz<http://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/VerifyItem-Start/ge62u5_darwin-x86.tar.gz?BundledLineItemUUID=w2JIBe.oSsIAAAEnlcZfF7f.&OrderID=.QhIBe.o89gAAAEncMZfF7f.&ProductID=HldIBe.pONIAAAEmztsXay1G&FileName=/ge62u5_darwin-x86.tar.gz>     24.84 MB

thats the problem, no x86_64 option, from what i know i need a 64bit version to actually use the 8GB of ram on each node right?.

about the choice, i got this job after these scientists bought the MACS it was their choice, i dont want to think how much it cost, but many $$$$ which would have been better spent on Linux custom made cluster with powerfull Fermi GPUS for OpenCL and cuda, i agree with you there.

actually thats why im having more trouble than the average, because of the macs grgrgrgr hehehe

ps: i managed to install a 1 Node cluster for testing on a borrowed 32-bit imac with Leopard 10.5.6 and works good. i would just need to repeat this process with 64-bit version binaries...so compile the entire engine then?

Cristobal