[GE users] Installing and Configuring SGE (as execute-host) on Diskless-Cluster Nodes

snosov serge.nosov2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 04:37:49 BST 2010

Maybe this is not an "approved" approach, but here is what I do:

I install sgeexecd on one of the compute nodes manually. This creates the correct startup script for it. I then copy that configuration to the image I run on a diskless node (the whole /gridengine/sge directory and the links to the rc sgeexecd startup script). Alternatively, you could nfs-mount the /gridengine/sge from the master node at runtime.

Make sure you add the compute nodes to the SGE before you fire up the compute nodes.

Serge.