[GE users] Installing and Configuring SGE (as execute-host) on Diskless-Cluster Nodes

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 17:00:00 BST 2010

--- On Mon, 4/5/10, templedf <daniel.templeton at oracle.com> wrote:
> You probably don't want to have the binaries on the shared file
> system,
> especially if you're running large parallel jobs.  If
> you have a smallish cluster, though, it might be OK.

I remember there was a thread related to the performance hit with NFS-shared SGE binaries, and the conclusion was that it's due to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

And then later on (on issues unrelated to performance), this list found that what it is documented in the manpages and what is actually in the code related to LD_LIBRARY_PATH were different. That discussion was at least a few months old (or more likely a year old), and since this list is not indexed by Google, searching for anything is very hard.

 -Ron