[GE users] sge_qmaster 6.2u5 daemon: repeating segfaults

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 15:40:36 BST 2010

beatrubi <beat at 0x1b.ch> writes:

> I saw this behaviour some time ago on a customers system. It faded away for
> months, now it's back. The sge_qmaster crahes every 5-15 minutes with
> different symptoms:

I guess they're all due to bogus entries in list structures, as I've
seen, so I'm not sure extra backtraces will help, at least not without
debugging info.

Is anyone else working on this who's reasonably familiar with the code
base?  I think I'm going to have to spend more time on it, but
unfortunately I haven't had any hints on tracking down such problems.

> I tried to add those backtraces any myself as CC to issue #3251 [1]. I'm too
> stupid or there isn't a way to do such things without beeing the issuer of
> the issue.

Yes, it's entirely unclear.  You have to have an account on the system
joined to the `gridengine' project.  As far as I remember, it's separate
from the one you need to get list traffic.  The system seems pretty
hostile to contributors.

--
(Dr) Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org