[GE users] Email notification for script errors

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 6 16:55:08 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 06.04.2010 um 17:24 schrieb arvindpetaru:

> Thanks Reuti!
> I'll try to do as suggested by you in your previous email.
>
> But, I did try other way of manipulating the mail-wrapper as suggested by some user in the mailing-list and got the desired result of appending the script-error message in the email-body. I'm attaching the file for your reference with email-body contents. This should work fine for me but let me know if you see any issues with this way of doing it.
>
> Alternative: Write script-error message in a job-error file and append this msg in the email-body using the mail-wrapper script. But, I have to identify all the places in the job-script where it can potentially fail thou(for qdel'ing).

AFAICS this script is neither user nor job specific. It will just list the last few lines of /tmp/nohup.out. This can be a problem when some jobs fail at nearly the same time and you get the output of another job from another user. And: who can write to /tmp/nohup.txt? The /tmp is often mounted with the sticky bit set which might lead to permission problems as only the user who created the file can remove it.

-- Reuti