[GE users] Correct Version of SGE on Macs Intel XEON

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 22:10:56 BST 2010

--- On Thu, 4/1/10, neoideo <axischire at gmail.com> wrote:
> 24.84 MB
> thats the problem, no x86_64 option, from what i know i need a 64bit
> version to actually use the 8GB of ram on each node right?.

No. You don't need a 64-bit shell "to actually use the 8GB of ram on each node". Similarily, SGE daemons need not be 64-bit.

Since others have suggested you to install the version available at the download site and report any problems, I think you should just do that before keeping on asking. Don't you think that installing SGE is faster than waiting for replies on mailing lists? 8-)

 -Ron

about the choice, i got this job after these scientists bought the MACS it was their choice, i dont want to think how much it cost, but many $$$$ which would have been better spent on Linux custom made cluster with powerfull Fermi GPUS for OpenCL and cuda, i agree with you there.

actually thats why im having more trouble than the average, because of the macs grgrgrgr hehehe
ps: i managed to install a 1 Node cluster for testing on a borrowed 32-bit imac with Leopard 10.5.6 and works good. i would just need to repeat this process with 64-bit version binaries...so compile the entire engine then?

Cristobal