[GE users] inserting large accounting file into ARCo database

wagoodman wgoodman at jcvi.org
Wed Apr 7 22:11:44 BST 2010

Daniel,

The file is an archived accounting file. Under
$SGE_ROOT/default/common/accounting.
SGE is currently writing to that file. We archive the accounting file(s)
when it reaches
100 MB (accounting.1.gz, accounting.2.gz and accounting.3.gz etc..etc. I
have
concatenated them to a file called accounting.orig that is 4 GB. So what
I want to do
is "cat $SGE_ROOT/default/common/accounting accounting.orig >
accounting" then fire up
DB writer and I should have all the data collected in a calendar year in
my ARCo database,
would that work?

Bill