[GE users] Any reason not to have all user's workstations as submit hosts?

rumpelkeks tina.friedrich at diamond.ac.uk
Mon Apr 12 11:35:29 BST 2010

Well, we've got a lot of things - certainly /home - on a central file
system. Likewise, SGE is installed on a central application server. All
our systems have a 'standard' environment setup, the cluster nodes are
in no way treated special - so the user environment on the nodes is the
same as on the workstations, with the same software/data in the same
paths and all.

Tina