[GE users] Frontend as exec host

rozenblit rozenblit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 15:33:33 BST 2010

Is this a Rocks 5.2 system? In a small cluster, there's no problem
using the frontend as execnode (I just limit it to 6 of the 8 cores).

This seems like a problem I had some time ago. You could have a look
at this: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/multi_intrfcs.html

Or, if you're using rocks, you're probably going to do this:

1) Create /opt/gridengine/default/common/host_aliases with the following:
[frontend].local [frontend].external.name

2) Edit /opt/gridengine/default/common/act_qmaster to be [frontend].local

3) Remove the last line from /etc/init.d/sgemaster.[frontend]
("/bin/hostname --fqdn > /opt/gridengine/default/common/act_qmaster")

[]s,
Fernando