[GE issues] qsub error on 6.2U3

gtatachar gopinath.tatachar at gs.com
Mon Apr 12 20:43:18 BST 2010

we are getting the following error from qsub command on many jobs; the y fail multiple times but is successful sometime like one in 6 attempts.

"Unable to initialize environment because of error: range_list containes no elements Exiting."

The only thing i found on google on this was a thread about using -sync y option....

I set the qmaster_params
MAX_DYN_EC=24000 and

schedule_interval                 00:00:15
flush_submit_sec                  2
flush_finish_sec                  2

Since then the frequency of the message above has reduced, but we continue to get those error messages...Is this a bug?

Can someone shed any more info on this?