[GE users] Any reason not to have all user's workstations as submit hosts?

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Apr 12 21:33:56 BST 2010

bdbaddog <bill at baddogconsulting.com> writes:

> If this is a real concern with your user population, I'm sure there
> are more ways to lock down the machines and user accounts and such,
> perhaps SELinux?

Do people successfully run clusters generally, and SGE specifically,
with that on?

> In most companies I've been at it's not been a concern that such
> intentional compromising of security is a reasonable concern.

I think this is non-usefully off-topic.  There's a lot to be said about
why the diamond setup might or might not be reasonable -- depending on
exactly what it is -- but I doubt it would help people not involved with
similar experimental facilities.

Ob-SGE:  I'd have thought people would be interested in them bucking the
Condor trend in favour of SGE -- I am.

--
Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org