[GE users] SDM cloud adapter with Eucalyptus

doraz dobre.razvan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:53:51 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM, torsten <torsten.blix at sun.com<mailto:torsten.blix at sun.com>> wrote:
Hi Dobre,

On 04/13/10 15:00, doraz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having difficulties in setting up SDM cloud adapter to work with
> Eucalyptus. The problem appears when SDM try to start a cloud instance
> and it fails with AWS authentication error.
> I search the wiki and I haven't found were to put the AWS Acccess Key
> and the Secret key?

Are you using SDM 1.0u5 (released with SGE 6.2u5) or SDM 1.0u3?

For 1.0u5 the configuration parameters are described at
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u5/Configuring+the+EC2+Cloud+Adapter

The SDM cloud adapter does NOT use the AWS Access and Secret Key, it
instead uses an EC2 user private key file (pk-*.pem) and user
certificate file (cert-*.pem), see the configuration parameters
ec2_user_private_key_file and ec2_user_certificate_file.

I don't have any personal experience with Eucalyptus, so I don't know if
Eucalyptus supports this authentication method.

Cheers,
Torsten

I know that and I set that parameters in the configutation file..but you may be right: Eucalypus does need the AWS credentials. The files are not enough.

> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Dobre Razvan

Dobre Razvan