[GE users] Installing and Configuring SGE (as execute-host) on Diskless-Cluster Nodes

zsomborg zsombor at niif.hu
Tue Apr 13 16:24:23 BST 2010

Hi all!

> Make sure you add the compute nodes to the SGE before you fire up the
> compute nodes.

Is there a way to skip this part?

We also have several diskless cluster, where the compute nodes get an IP address from DHCP (does not even have a DNS entry yet...), and we don't want to list all the exec hosts manually. It would be very good if there would be a way to tell GridEngine that everybody in this subnet is an exec host.

Or alternatively if we could tell GridEngine that everybody in this subnet is allowed to administer the cluster, then the exec nodes would be able to register themselves (however we would still need to find a way to add them automatically to the queue or the hostgroup).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Zsombor