[GE users] "too many arguments" error in util/arch

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 04:38:20 BST 2010

I just tried it with bash, works fine on my Ubuntu box.

As that piece of code deals with glibc version checking, I believe it
has to do with the version of glibc on your system, so that means I
can't easily reproduce the problem on my system.

The best way is to turn on debugging, run it like:

(if your shell is C or tcsh)
% sh -xv /pathto/util/arch >& output.txt

(if your shell is bash or sh)
$ sh -xv dist/util/arch.dist 2>output.txt

And send us the debug output.

Rayson