[GE users] Any reason not to have all user's workstations as submit hosts?

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 16:39:44 BST 2010

jlb <jlb at salilab.org> writes:

> Not quite.  As Ben pointed out, it's wouldn't be overly difficult for
> someone without root to hack up an SGE client which would allow him or her
> to submit jobs as any valid SGE user.

And presumably similarly on a normal cluster head.

> Properly administered CSP can help with that.

Is there any current work on Kerberos integration which would be
preferable for several reasons (see, e.g., Friebel's talk at the 2007
workshop)?

Somewhat related to this, there's a clear need for a sane (i.e. not
Globus, not `web services'), fully remote submission system that would
probably amount to authenticated remote DRMAA.  I can't remember if I've
asked before, but has anyone done that yet?

--
Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org