[GE users] Given 2 types of hosts fast/slow, how do I have sge use the slow machines first and the fast machines only if specifically requested first

kdoman kdoman07 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:01:22 BST 2010

You can separate your hosts in two separate host groups. For example,
@xeonhosts and @opteronhosts

Then modify your queue, for example:

qname                 all.q
hostlist              @xeonhosts @opteronhosts
seq_no                0

Would that work?

K.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM, bdbaddog <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> So we have a pile of new Xeon 5500 systems, and we have some older
> opteron based systems, we'd like all users jobs to first fill up the
> opteron systems and then fill up the Xeon systems.
>
> Unless they specifically request via a resource request (we have
> "node_type" for that purpose)..
>
> What's the best way to configure this in SGE ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton"
width="230" height="85"><param name="movie"
value="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" /><param
name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="FlashVars"
value="id=bca66786587a81c2f3e9fae17f7b9c1bd2918718&style=0"
/></object>