[GE users] Querying and compiling before sending to node

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 14 19:05:54 BST 2010

Am 14.04.2010 um 19:49 schrieb dasf:

> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I have a program that can run on multiple threads (SMP) and I was wondering if I could write a SGE script that would probe the availability of processors and then compile the code according to this availability before submitting to the assigned node.
>
> The issue is that the compiler is only available on the headnode, so I have to compile the code before moving to the node.

It's unusual that you have to compile your application for each run. Most of the time you have to set environment variables to tell the application how many slots on which machines it should use. In your case telling the number of slots should be sufficient.

What paralleization does your application use? Custom programmed threads or Open MP?

-- Reuti