[GE users] Given 2 types of hosts fast/slow, how do I have sge use the slow machines first and the fast machines only if specifically requested first

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 20:02:43 BST 2010

kdoman <kdoman07 at gmail.com> writes:

> You can separate your hosts in two separate host groups. For example,
> @xeonhosts and @opteronhosts

Yes.

> Then modify your queue, for example:
>
> qname                 all.q
> hostlist              @xeonhosts @opteronhosts
> seq_no                0
>

> Would that work?

No.  With sorting by seqno, this prefers our 8G (dual core Opteron)
nodes, and then the 16G Barcelonas over the 32G Barcelonas:

  # qconf -sq parallel|head -n 3
  qname                 parallel
  hostlist              @allhosts
  seq_no                1,[@32G=3],[@16G=2]

--
Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org