[GE users] Querying and compiling before sending to node

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 14 21:09:01 BST 2010

Am 14.04.2010 um 22:00 schrieb dasf:

> Hi Reiti,
>
> Thank you for your help. The paralelization is via threads indeed.
> So the idea is to query all nodes and find which one has the largest
> number of cores available. Then compile the code to use that number
> of cores and run the job on that node.

I suggest to enhance your application in such a way, that it will use
any set environment variable to create the appropriate number of
threads for each invocation. Hence you never have to recompile again,
but instead set one variable in your jobscript and you are done
forever and get the intended number of threads.

In fact, you can just use the variable $NSLOTS inside your application
as it's already set by SGE to the actual number of granted slots when
the jobscript runs.

-- Reuti